Greetings

Something new

 


I have been busy the past little while, which is why I haven't been here lately. I have been trying to start a new business, a dog-walking business. It's called Walkie paws. https://walkie-paws.business.site/ So far, I've only had one customer and have another potential customer. I have also been advertising my new business.

A little while (maybe a few weeks) after I was added to my suburb's WhatsApp group, I was informed about a potential environmental disaster. Shell doing seismic exploration in my country's waters. So why is that so bad? Simply put, an air blast is fired into the water to check for certain gases. Every 10 seconds. All day. For 6 months! Now imagine this: You are in a room that you can't escape from. You have to try and protect yourself, find your family, find food and look for shelter. You have to do all of that while you are being blasted, every 10 seconds, with a sound that is loud enough to deafen you!

Let me show you this little video to help me explain:



When I saw this, I just thought "If that was my little Zoe, I would rather she was dead than have to live through that!" Then I was told that there was going to be a protest this morning, against Shell and what they are doing.

So, this morning, for the first time ever. I went to the protest to stand up for what I believe in. "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Not Edmund Burke, but I don't know who said that.

I have also been trying to find more natural ways of cleaning my little flat. Since Zoe has had a runny tummy about three times this year, I'm sure you can understand why I don't want lots of chemicles in my flat. It turns out that vinegar is very versitile stuff.



Comments