Greetings

A trip to the shops

I went to the shops this afternoon. I wanted to get some of my carob coated rice cakes because they are wonderful. I went into Clicks to look for them. They didn't have them, so I got a chocolate chip biscuit instead. While I was choosing it and getting my money out of my bag, one of the packers was re-arranging two of the shelves. He was moving things from one (the one that had my biscuit on it) to the one next to it. That was when it hit me. He smelt like Bob Martins. For those of you who don't know what they smelll like, they smell like (or, atleast, used to) smell like truck/lorry/bus exhaust fumes. They have a very distinct smell. And it's not a pleasant one either. It invades your nostrils. Every time he came back to me, I just smelt this and...ja. It didn't help just joining the queue to go and pay because the queue ended right where I was. So that meant I could still smell him. I just had to "Synth mode" and bear it until I could leave the shop.

Comments