Greetings

Being lied (?) to

 Let me propose a little scenario to you:

Let us pretend that your parents are divorced (if your parents are actually divorced, I am so sorry. I know how it feels, my parents are also divorced.) Then one (parent No.1) of your parents gets remarried to a person who has an adult child, who I will be calling Miss J. Your parent, and the new spouse, eventually go on holiday, to a different country, for about 3 weeks. During that time, your other parent (parent No.2) tells you that they can't see you that weekend because they are not feeling great. So you think "Okay, that's fine."


But you then discover, a few weeks later, that the reason you were given (for not seeing your parent) was not the actual reason. It was a lie 🙊. The actual reason was that parent No.2 didn't want Miss J to be by herself. Why not just tell the truth instead? Why make up a story and then say that wasn't the actual reason? This makes me believe two things:

  1. You care about someone else's adult child more than your own and
  2. You are a very bad liar.
The world would be a much more honest and efficient place if nobody told lies. You can be honest WITHOUT hurting people's feelings. 

On Friday morning I was told that I would be having supper by myself tomorrow night (Saturday night, which is now last night) because parent No.1's new spouse didn't feel like cooking. Imagine my surprise when I discovered, just a few hours later, that it wasn't true. It was a load of 💩💩💩. They were having friends over. That knowledge is based on evidence. They were talking about it with me right there. And I saw one of them last night. One of them even commented about my Comfrey.

Comfrey, the plant with the huge leaves.

Why not just say "We are going to have some people over and we think it might be too much for you to handle." Or "We are going to have some friends over and we are going to have some food that will offend you because it includes pork and alcolhol." 

Why invent a story when the truth is so much simpler? My Aspie brain just does no tunderstand that at all.




Comments

carmel said…
I have no answers to your questions. Only those individuals do.