Greetings

Change in routine



A few years ago, I was asked how important my routine is to me. My answer was very simple and straightforward. It was this "Oh it's like oxygen to me." He didn't seem to understand it. I don't know how you can't understand that answer, but anyway. If my routine gets changed without my permission, it feels like my entire day has been messed up. Things have to get moved around to accommodate this "alien visitor" in my routine. One of the biggest stresses, in my life, is suppertime. Because I can't plan for something when I don't know when it is going to happen. I like things to be done at a certain time. For example: at 13:00 I make my lunch, at 16:00 I have my two carob coated rice cakes for a snack.


I don't (or, maybe, can't) understand how (or why) other people can't do that. It's simple planning ahead of time. If you know supper has to be at a certain time, and it takes however long to make, you start before then. It's that simple! And I get told things like "I'm trying to get you used to little bits of change." Like I said before, my routine is like oxygen to me. Can someone get used to not breathing oxygen? The answer: No! You will die if you don't breathe oxygen. I think I'm going to stop now. I'm getting angry.

Comments