Greetings

Smells

Am I the only one that is offended by certain smells? I don't mean that you just don't like them. I mean when you smell them, you get angry. Here is a real world example: A few years ago, my dad had a cold. Unknown to me at the time, what he used for his sore throat was something called TCP. It is supposed to have a strong medicinal odour. Not according to my olfactory system. According to my olfactory system, it is a full-on assault and insult. It smelt something like hot, burning plastic. It was so pungent that, no matter how many doors and windows I opened in the house, it was just as strong 2 HOURS later! And I couldn't escape it! It didn't matter where I went, this stench was there. I later learned that the "offender" was TCP. I discovered that at the exact moment my dad put the bottle of TCP under my nose. But he also discovered I didn't like it when I reacted in a way that nearly knocked it out of his hand. That stuff has not come near me since.

Comments