Greetings

Sound



Statement: "People on the spectrum use more sounds in their speech." My experience and explanation: When I speak, I use sounds (to explain something, for example, a rocket taking off) because (1) it describes something better than I could, and (2) it just livens up speaking. It takes a boring conversation (e.g.: a conversation about accounting) and makes it more interesting. That can't be so bad, can it? What is wrong with making something more interesting? I do understand that it would not be appropriate in a boardroom or at a business meeting. But in other settings, what's wrong with a "cluckcluckcluckcluckcluck" or a "pfffft" or "pssssss" every now and then, where the sound would be more useful than the actual word? Nothing. I love using sounds where I can. I have been doing it for ages and will probably keep on doing it for the rest of my life. When my dog barks, I don't say she barked. I bark, in a way. If you speak with sounds, carry on doing it. Don't let people stop you.

Comments