Greetings

Visit to the hospital today



So today's little visit to the hospital today (for a scan) has been a few years in the making. So, a few years ago, a lump (about the size of a grape) started appearing near my "lady part" but I just brushed it off. Whenever it would appear, I would just think to myself "Ag, that lump is back again!" And I would push it back in again. It would get a bit uncomfortable but that was about as serious as it got. I forgot about it for a few years. Then "Auntie Rona" happened. And with it came lockdown. Then Level 4 lockdown came.
What that means is that I had to go running, with Zoe, before 9am.
That means that I started loosing weigth a little bit faster than I already was because I had to exercise before I had my breakfast. As with all Aspies, once I got into that routine...well... mountains have a better chance of changing than me. This has continued to our current lockdown level, which is level 1. A few months ago, my "Aunty Flow" had become a bit irregluar. It was 2 days early. For two months in a row. And at round about that time, I discovered a small bump on my left hip. It's about the size of a pea. And on the same side as my other lump. And my cramps are worse on my left side. With the evidence mounting, I made an online appointment to see a doctor. I was sent to a gynaecologist, for a scan and to a surgeon Who was fully booked until DECEMBER!). The gynaecologist said that my irregular "Aunty Flow" was probably just hormones. So I went back to the doctor and he sent me to another surgeon. That now brings us to this morning. I went to the hospital for my scan. All those people! All that hand sanitizer. But it had to be done. I had the scan done. I don't know if it's good or not, but the doctor (that the radiographer fetched while she was doing my scan) said words like "defect" and she said things like "But where is it coming from?" So that doesn't sound very good. We will see what the surgeon says next week. No matter what, my Aspergers and my Zoe will help me through it.

Comments