Greetings

Advantages of being an Aspie


In the media, people sometimes make it sound like being on the spectrum is a bad thing. Sometimes it can be. But that is, in my experience, mostly because of how people react to you. There are lots of good things that go along with being an Aspie.



Aspies usually have a very good memory. My dad says that I am "like a human tape recorder" because I remember almost everything. It obviously only applies if I am present or if I hear it. Just last night, I showed off this "power" of mine. He was trying to think of a lady's name and I was like "Rita. Her name is Rita." I had only seen her 3 times in nearly 6 years. I hadn't associated her name with anything, not even the Harry Potter character. I can even tell you where she works (or worked, I haven't seen her for a while) and that she plays (or played) hockey.




I have this undying need to finish things once I have started them. If I don't finish it, then if feels like everything is going to fall over the side of a cliff into the abyss.

One of my eco-bricks



Unfortunately for me, I will (most likely) never be finished with eco-bricking because there will probably be plastic long after my urn is sitting on the moon. Fortunately I can be a blood donour well into my old age. Then it will be finished

Diesel (the cat) and Zoe

Aspies are consistant because we are repetitive. We have a routine. That makes us very good pet owners. Unless you are doing something that does not have the pet's best interest at heart. Then you would not be a very good pet owner. I feed Zoe at certain times and her food is measured out exactly. Zoe goes for exercise at certain times, she gets 2-4 treats per day. Zoe gets dog food and no human food (except for two slices of carrot, which is good for her.) And as for Diesel? Well, he's not my cat. If he was, he wouldn't be overweight.


Lockdown hasn't really affected me all that much. I mean, it did a bit in the beginning. But I think that was more because of me seeing how much it affected other people. But I don't really go out that much. The last time I went to a restuarant was (I think) about two years ago. The last time I went to the movies was, maybe, 15-20 years ago. The only thing I had to really change was the time I could go for exercise with Zoe and that was because it had to change. I was living in a house with a Jack Russell that hadn't been exercised (properly) for 6 weeks! When the announcement was made that we could go out running, but only between 6 and 9am, I had to change.

And these are some of the advantages of being an Aspie. Can you think of more? Tell me in the comments section below.

Comments