Greetings

Family


I am starting to get the feeling that a family member doesn't want me in the family anymore. If I want them to do something for me (something that I can't do myself) I either have to ask them 10 or 20 times or they say "Can't you ask so-and-so to do it?" Or I get asked loads of questions about why I want it to be done. A few years ago, I wanted a photo (to be taken) of me exercising with Zoe. I had to ask, and remind them, about 20 times before 3 photos were taken while they were on the way to go and do something else. About 2 years ago, it was a bit better. This time, it was only 10 times that I had to ask and remind them.
If I need medical attention, don't even go there even if I am bleeding. When Zoe was still a puppy, an apple core was placed on a tree. I had told them, many times, to not do that because the seeds toxic for dogs. Anyway, so one morning Zoe got hold of one these apple cores. Ofcourse, I tried to get this thing away from her. She ran past me (on the wet grass) so I span around and fell over with my fingers going straight down, into the lawn. The pain shot right up my arm. I told this family member what happened and they were like "Oh, you've probably just sprained your finger. It happens to cricket players all the time." I did eventually go to the docotor...the next morning. I cracked my finger!
It nearly happened again in December, but someone stepped in this time. If I make a suggestion, it is treated like a stupid idea. Cats keep on coming into the garden and lying in a particular place because they can hide there and fighting with the resident cat. I suggested that something is done about that area to stop that from happening. He reacted in a way that made me think "Fine. I will never suggest anything ever again." He was saying that I said that the whole garden must be redesigned because cats come into the garden and what a bad idea it was because I hadn't thought it through and that it was unrealistic. But if someone else (family or not) is asking for something to be done, they don't get treated the same way. If they want a photo, no problem. If someone else's family member is hurting in a not-so-serious way, they get taken to the emergency room. Suggestions are treated better than the one you just read about. I know it sounds like I am complaining and whining but I am just tired of being treated like I am an after thought, not part of the family and the very bottom rung of the ladder.

Comments