Greetings

Teasing (or borderline bullying)

 I hate teasing. And, by teasing, I don't mean your hair. 

This is a photo of my hairbrush

I mean people poking fun at you. If (and when) I am being teased, it feel s like I am being emotionally tortured. I don't know what it feels like to be tortured, but I have read about it on Wikipedia and it sounds pretty much the same to me. Especially when someone else gets hurt so that someone else gets tortured. 


The worst part is when you try and make them stop, either by ignoring them or telling them to stop it, and they just carry on and on and on. And, eventually, you explode in one way or another. You either explode in a fit of rage and anger (in other words you go Nuclear) or you burst into tears. But then you get told something like "But I was only teasing! Why are you so sensitive?" Or, my favourite one (note the sarcasm. Yes Aspies are capable of sarcasm) is "Don't let them get to you." But they don't understand the torture I experience when being teased. I don't even like it happening to someone I know.

When I was in primary school (Grade 6 specifically) I had a friend and we were being picked on, bullied and teased by these two other children in our class. One of them, the girl, Lee-ann, used to put rubbings in my hair and say I had dandruff. My mom found out what was happening and I said "Oh I am going to get her!" What did my mom say or do? Did she offer to speak to her parents about it? No. Did she want to go and speak to the teacher about it? No. Did she offer me any advice about dealing with the situation? Yes. Sort of. She said "Oh don't let her get to you!" That was it. But I was being tortured, emotionally, almost every single day at school.

Comments