Greetings

A look at clothing

 A few nights ago, there was this conversation going on. This conversation was about clothing and fashion. I say it was "going on" because I wasn't really participating. At the end of this conversation, one of the "participants" said "Oh well. But I am the fashion icon of this family."


I just sat there and thought "Well, I am sooo happy for you." My fashion style is more directed in the "comfortable" arena. When I go and buy clothes, the item has to pass a few checks:

  1. Do I even like this item?
  2. How does the fabric of the item feel? If it is scratchy, it's a no.
  3. Can I get out of the clothing item easily? This is more because of my scoliosis. If I can't get out of it easily, I am not going to be owning it.
I do also have "uniforms" that depend on the type of weather for the day and what I plan on doing. If it is cold and we are going for exercise, I wear tracksuit pants, obviously a running bra, a t-shirt and (sometimes) my Foul Weather Run Top. I don't like wearing it because it sticks to me and gets uncomfortable. If I am running by myself in cold weather, I wear my matching tracksuit top instead of the t-shirt and Foul Weather top.
If we go out for exercise and it's hot, I wear my running shirts, running bra and a vest. If I go by myself, I don't wear the vest.

Going to the shops, when it's cold, has become a little bit tricky when it comes to my clothes. The reason is my raincoat, sort of. It has some kind of plastic on the inside. One of the few tops I can wear with it, has a very wide neck. It also has three seams which I thought was unnecessary and a waste of time, but anyway. Do you see my problem? The inside of my raincoat is the problem.

I also tend to wear clothes for multiple days in a row. It's not a problem for me. It's just how I am.

Comments