Greetings

Being clumsy

I am clumsy. It is an undisputable fact of my life and goes along with being on the spectrum.  I could be standing in one place and nearly fall over. But when I am doing something that requires lots of co-ordination (such as Zumba) I'm fine.

My legs.

But sometimes I get the feeling that I am about to knock something over and just loose control of my limbs. And this feeling happens at, seemingly, random moments. I could be anywhere and get this feeling that I am about to loose control of my body at any second. And that feeling is not exactly the most pleasant one in existence.

Let me explain the photo of my legs. It has to do with this post. Last year (1 December 2019) I was out, running, that afternoon. I turned into this one street and had a little rest. When I started again, I ran across this lady's driveway and tripped. I think I injured every single limb, in my body, in about 3 seconds. I bashed my knees, hurt my left wrist, half tore one of my nails, grazed my right palm and sliced my chin open. Luckily that happened on the only occassion I had an audience. I was "semi-repaired" and taken home. When I got home, I was taken to the medical centre and got three stitches in my chin and lots of painkillers.


Front view of my running bra with blood on it

Back view of my running bra with blood on it


My chin after coming back from getting it stitched closed.

I have spent hours cleaning up messes I have accidentally made. Hours that could have been spent working on the eco-brick that I was cleaning up off the floor because I knocked it over while the lid was off. I get frustrated with being clumsy. I try to prevent bumping into things by planning my route, so then I have to move slower. Then I get frustrated with myself because I am so slow. But if I go any faster, I get hurt. And I think my clumsiness might be getting worse. That, or I am just more aware of it now. I try to controll my body and my body seems to be thinking


And so the struggle continues.

Comments