Greetings

The case of the strange shop mannequins

 

I know this is an elf, but it was the best I could do.

I don't know if this has anything to do with me being on the spectrum or not, but when I see (or even think of) a shop mannequin, I start to feel sick. 

It wasn't always like this. There wasn't a point where I liked mannequins. But there was a point where I thought they were simply...creepy. I expected them to move, but they didn't. If they did move, I probably would have died of fright.

It seems like it has "evolved" over the years. It's not like it's ruling my life or anything. But it's not very nice when you are walking around a clothing shop and then *Boom* there is this inanimate object that starts to make you feel sick.

There has to be a name for this kind of thing. It's not Automatonophobia because I'm not scared of them. (https://www.healthline.com/health/anxiety/automatonophobia) But it could be in the "Uncanny Valley" area. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley

If anyone has a name for this specific thing, please let me know. I don't want to do anything about it, I just want to know what it's called. That is assuming it even has a name.

Comments