Greetings

Finding work

Recently I have been looking for work. "Work from home" work specifically. I have been doing this because I want to do it for my own happiness. Telling someone that you are a blogger doesn't exactly inspire much in other people. But if you tell them that you are a freelance transcriptionist, then they are more interested. They want to know what you do. 




On Saturday, I discovered something very interesting. It would appear as if transcribing is in my blood. I discovered that my granny (my mom's mom) was, in a way, also a transcriptionist. She would have been a transcriptionist in her time. But she would have used a typewriter and a tape recorder. And a dictionary. Maybe a thesaurus as well. Now we use a computer/laptop and Google. And, maybe, some software. But both methods require something you can not touch. It is the secret ingredient all transcriptionists need. Patience.
The timer in my bathroom.


Comments