Greetings

Parenting

 I am not a parent (to a human child anyway) by anyone's stretch of any imagination. I don't even like children. 


But I, obviously, do have parents. And they seem to have different ways of trying to motivate me when I have decided I want to do something to earn an income. But, many years ago, they both dissuaded me from becoming a social worker when I wanted to become one. But now they are not doing that anymore. Now it more like this: One of them says things like "That's great! Go ahead! Go for it!" The other one is more...aggressive. They say things like "One day, when you are the world's best" or "One day, when you are the greatest" or "One day, when you have your own plant nursery..." The second parent also points out some of my failures. 

I know they are both trying to motivate me, but they have different ways of trying to do it. And one seems more appropriate than the other one. I know the second parent is trying to motivate me, but it feels like I am just being pressured and if I don't reach that impossibly high goal that has been set for me, I have failed at yet another thing. But nobody offers to help me. I have to ask and ask and ask. Like that annoying little squeak in your car, that is telling you there might be something wrong but you just ignore it until it goes away. What you don't know is that your car is about to breakdown. And it will probably happen at the worst possible moment. My "breakdown" would be when I have just given up and become homeless.

So I just, eventually, might give up trying to improve my situation. But not yet. I am South African and a Scorpio. And we are made out of something different.

https://zodiacfire.com/scorpio-personality/

"While the figures may spur on a feeling of despair, South Africa’s people have since the apartheid years, time and time again proven to be resilient despite the brutality of the previous government." https://www.sanews.gov.za/features-south-africa/sa-people-resilienc

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/lifestyle/south-africans-abroad/nine-qualities-that-make-it-easy-for-south-africans-to-adjust-to-other-cultures/#:~:text=South%20Africans%20are%20warm%2C%20welcoming,known%20for%20having%20lifelong%20friendships.

Comments