Greetings

Possible new source of income...

πŸ’ΈπŸ’° 

Over the past few days, I have been looking at ways that I can make money by working from home. I do not drive because I feel it would simply be tooooo overwhelming for me. I have to admit that I am feeling a little nervous, and excited, about this. I have to fill out and entire application form which then has to be reviewed.

I made this myself, sort of

I decided that I would try transcribing again. I did it a few years ago and absolutely hated it 😠. I think I mostly disliked it because I was told it was going to be a certain way, but it wasn't like that at all. Transcribing is very, very slow. It needs a quiet environment, lots of time and, most importantly, lots and lots of patience. You also have to be the kind of person who doesn't get bored very easily. I started getting bored after about 5 minutes. I also felt like that because my dad's friend wanted me to do it for her. I did a few for her, but after those 6, I said no because it was a group setting and I struggled with the first group setting I did for her. 

After I said No, she tried to persuade me to do it for her. After my dad found out I told her No, he was surprised. He even tried to get me to change my mind by telling me that she now had to go and find someone else to do it for her. I still said no.

But this time will be different. I am deciding to do this. No one is asking me to do it. No one is trying to guilt me into doing something for them. The fact that I will be getting paid in dollars doesn't hurt either. My "work" environment has also completely changed. And I can choose which ones I want to do. I still have to get another set of headphones (the ones I was using eventually disintergrated) and get another bank account. But I can also choose how long I want to work for in the week. Because I knew the first person, even though she told me she didn't need them urgently, I felt like it was a "Oh no, don't hurry! I will just sit here and wait for you!!!" Type of situation.

We will see how it goes.

Comments