Greetings

Some inspiration from an unlikely source.

I am into playing videoo games. It started years ago. One of my favourite games was (an still is) Binary Land. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_Land It had virtually no words. But it was a lovely little game. (I'm getting all teary just thinking about it. I'm playing the theme tune in my head.) Basically, the whole game is about these two little penguins, but you control both of theme at the same time. They are in two very different mazes, and you have to guide both of them to the end of the maze(s) which is at the top of the screen. At the end of the maze is a heart, in a cage. That was (basically) it. But there were some obsticles, such as spiders and webs, that have to be defeated. The theme music was "Je te veux" by Erik Sati and "Ode to joy" played when you finished the stage.

The reason I decided to write this post is because I was motivated by my favourite radio station. Their afternoon drive show presenters have, since Monday, been reading inspirational quotes from various places. Since I like video games, I thought I would share some of my favourite quotes from the games I have played.





Here we go:

"Some trees flourish, others die. Some cattle grow strong, others are taken by wolves. Some men are born rich enough and dumb enough to enjoy their lives. Ain't nothing fair." John Marston, Red dead redemption.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons; what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down... with the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"  Cave Johnson, Portal 2

"My capacity to feel differs from yours, but you also differ from other beings. You are no more a person than others, and I am no less a person than you are." Owain, Dragon Age: Origins.

"What is a man but the sum of his memories? We are the stories we live, the tales we tell ourselves." Clay Kaczmarek (Subject 16) , Assassin's Creed: Revelations

"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are." Lara Croft, Tomb Raider (2013)


Comments