Greetings

14 September 2011

 Oprah: Break out stars

Date: 14 Spetember 2011

Weather: 🌞

Dear Diary:

Here is a brief history of my experience of being an Aspie: 

  • Age 2: My mom said I changed. I used to be a very "huggy baby" and then I wasn't.
  • Roughly age 10: The first time I was told I had an unusual run. (But that was probably more because of my scoliosis than me being on the spectrum)
  • Loud, sudden noises make me want to get violent.
  • Sudden changes in routine, beyond my control, makes me feel like I'm being teased. My routine can be "broken" if I know before the time or say it's okay. Being teased makes me feel like I'm being tortured.
  • If control gets taken away from me, I panic.
  • As a teenager, I wanted to be part of society.
  • Hugging and being touched makes me feel dirty.
  • Certain textures in my mouth, and the taste of carrots, makes me want to get sick.
  • I get tactile hallucinations.
  • People who say Aspies can't love, are wrong.
  • Be sensitive to our little issues.
  • Teasing doesn't "improve" us. It only makes things worse.
  • When I get something into my head, it's like flies buzzing around inside my head.
  • We aren't all criminals. We aren't all Einstein either.
  • We (me especially) are sensitive to tone. Be careful how you say things.
  • Certain smells make me feel sick. The smell of bleach makes me taste blood in my mouth. Nobody wants to taste that. 
  • Sometimes I really do think I am from another planet. Other times I hope I am.
  • I think I'm answering the question when I actually am not. Getting cross with me does not help the situation. Rephrasing the question does help.
  • Sometimes it seems as if my mouth completely disconnects from my brain.


Comments