Greetings

They walked there

 A few weeks ago I visited my mom. Just before I got to her house, I saw a small herd of cows in someone's from garden. I live in a suburb in a city. Seeing a herd of cows, in the city, is not normal. Atleast, not where she lives.

This was taken near my house

The next evening, I told my dad (and his second) about the cows. Then he asked "So how do you suppose they got there?" I, obviously, replied "They walked there." His second then said "What I think he means is: Where did they come from?" I, obviously, don't know where these particular bovines came from. I could take an educated guess, but that's about it. I replied, to both of them "Why didn't you just say that?" Why don't people just say what they mean? I can understand if you don't quite know how to express what you are thinking, but this was not one of those situations.

If you want to know where something came from, ask me where it came from. Don't ask me how it got there and then get annoyed when I answer your question when you really wanted to know where it came from. It's like something that Dr. Phil once said "It's like asking him to go one red and stop on green." My dad says I never answer his question. He isn't helping the situation when he pulls little stunts like that. Ask the questions you want to ask.

Comments