Greetings

A new blog

 Recently, I joined tumblr. Yes, I know I'm late, but I created it as a way for me to get some practise with freelance creative writing. So I have started writing a little story about Androids and humans. It's based on a dream I had the other night. But I've had to make it not as "X-rated" as it was in my dream. The whole "conversion process" will be different. Very different. If you want to try and find me there, try looking for lifeofunemployment on tumblr. That is if you can on tumblr. I don't know how it works, I only joined the other day. 

But back to what my blog (this specific blog) is actually about. A few days ago, I found some old negatives. They were of me (mostly) and some of my brother. I turned 8 then. I had them developed and I got them back yesterday. I, obviously, had a look at them. I know I turned 8 because, many years ago, we had a planned power outage one afternoon. I used that time to clear out some cupboards in the kitchen. In one of those cupboards (the one under the phone, that had the biscuits, tea and coffee in it) was a little bottle that had tiny, silver balls in it. I looked at this thing, looked at the expiration date and thought "These went on my Barbie cake!" I only ever had one Barbie cake. When I turned 8. I remembered seeing my Barbie, a few days after my party, lying on the lawn, completely naked and covered in ants. And many years later I was able to come full circle. That's my "elephant memory" being put to good use, in a way.

Comments