Greetings

Zoe

 On Friday afternoon, my little Zoe gave me such a scare.



On Fridays, we don't go for exercise because she is scared of the rubbish truck. We go to the park across the road instead. All I have to say is "Does the Zoe want to go and play...in...the...park?" Then she goes absolutely mad.

On Friday afternoon, everything went as usualy, but I took some water this time because I know she gets thirsty from all of the running around she does in the park. Everything started-off fine.

We were there for about 10 minutes and having an absolute blast. I was throwing the ball for her and Zoe was racing around trying to catch it. Then things took a turn. Zoe started walking back to me, she wobbled a bit and then she just collapsed. I'm starting to freak at this point. This happened to my previous dog and I just started thinking "I can't go through this again!" Now I'm just like "Zoe! Are you okay?" I picked her up, put her back on her feet and she fell over again. I picked her up, threw out the water, got her ball and took her back home. I phoned my mom, told her what happened and she phoned her friend (who lives closer to me than she does) and the vet to tell them we are coming.

We got to the vet, he examined her and gave me the news. Zoe had a seizure. It could either have been a once-off event or the start of epilepsy. If it is the start of epilepsy, I just have to give her medication and have her liver tested every few months. I would have to have her liver tested every few months because the medication can affect it.

If anything had to happen to my little Zoe, I don't even know what I would do. I think I would just implode and die at the same time.

Comments

carmel said…
That was a big shock alright. She is such a sweet little girl. Keep up updated as to how it goes with her.