Greetings

Feeling blergh

 Back in 2019, if you felt slightly ill, people would say you probably just had a cold or the flu. Now, if you feel the same way, people might say "It might be Corona!"


Why am I mentioning this? Yesterday morning I did some pilates, which I haven't dome for quite a few years. To my suprise, I could still do it...even if some of the moves nearly reduced me to tears.


Yesterday afternoon I walked just over 6km. Last night, as I had expected, I was a bit sore. Then I woke up at some evil hour this morning. And I was in pain. The pain was in my gums. Around my molars. And I felt slightly nauseous. So this is what would happen for a few hours:

  • I would move, trying to find a comfortable position so that I could sleep.
  • I would be unable to find said position, so I would sit up in bed a few times.
  • That would make my abs hurt because of yesterday's pilates.
  • I would say to myself "I just want to sleep!" 
  • I would lie back down and try to sleep.
  • Then I would feel nauseous. Luckily for  me, my bathroom is just on the other side of a door.
  • I would go and talk to the basin or the toilet.
  • Then I would go and pee.
  • Back to bed.
  • Sleep for a little while.
  • Repeat another twice.
At about 7am, I went to sleep. I woke up about 2 hours later. And then, when I was making my breakfast, the stomach feelings started again. So I had to speak to my toilet again. So far, that was the last time I had to do it today.

And my little Zoe has just been a star this whole time. Every single time I moved in my bed last night (she sleeps in my bed) she woke up and tried to make me feel better. It happened so many times that she started yawning. And she wouldn't go and sleep somewhere nowhere near me, she had to sleep right next to me.

My Zoe is the best medicine.

Comments

carmel said…
Hope you feel right as rain soon.