Greetings

Marathon on Sunday

 When lockdown started lasy year, people were posting memes of before and after lockdown. The "after lockdown" photo was of a much bigger person. What did I do? I started entering running events. 


This will be my fourth event in 12 months. It is the Wings For Life world run. All the money raised will go towards finding a cure for spinal injuries. This is a bit closer to my heart (than most people) because I have scoliosis. I know it's not the same thing, but it's why I wanted to do it. How does this fit in with my Asperger's?  I have been wanting to do this run for about 3 years but I couldn't because of where I live. In my country, they only had it in two or three big cities, so it would have been traveling costs as well as the entrance fee. That would have made it far too expensive to enter. And I also seem to have become a bit obsessed with entering running events since lockdown started. 

But they are all for wonderful causes. "I love boobies" was for breast cancer screening in rural areas. "Algoa fm big walk for cancer" was for fighting cancer, obviously. I did the Cape Town marathon for all the Aspies in the world. The one on Sunday will be for spinal injury cures.


Comments