Greetings

The knitty gritty

 I have become inspired to start making things. And to start knitting again. So this post relates to my previous one. 


5 days ago, I bought some knitting needles, some wool and thread. I want to make cushions and, eventually, toys. I went home and told the family of my exploits. Everything was just fine.

Until the next day...

My dad says he want to have a little talk with me. He asked me how I got to the charity shop, other than walking there. I told him how I got there and he said "So you must've gone down Main Road." I said "No. I went to the one at Fig Tree." He said "Oh! You went to that one!" And then he went on to tell me that he was going to say how I shouldn't have been walking to the other one and how he wondered why I didn't ask for a lift and so on. I just thought that you couldn't shop at the main one and it was only for donating things. I wouldn't go to that one anyway, simply because it's far to far away.

If they had just asked which one I went to instead of just assuming I went to the main one, a potentially tense and unpleasant situation could have been avoided even before it nearly happened. I wonder if he got enough exercise while he was jumping to that conclusion...



Comments