Greetings

But it works

 As you might already know, I have been trying to use more natural products for cleaning. I have also been trying to get rid of things because I don't like having so many things. You never realise how much stuff you have until you are trying to find something. I overwhelms me sometimes.



Queue yesterday morning. A family member comes to my front door and asks me if I need some cleaning cloths:

Me: "Cleaning cloths."

Family member: "Yes. For cleaning."

Me: "No. I use a dustpan and brush."

Family member: "Oh okay. And for the other stuff?"

Me: "I use an old sock." An old sock and some Handy Andy is very good at cleaning a door handle. Much better than a cloth.

Family member: *sigh and slight eye roll*

Me: "It works!"

This is something I don't understand. She knows I am trying to use more natural cleaning products and I want to get rid of things. She also knows that I don't want to just throw away something that can still be used in someother way until it is completely useless. She also knows I already had cloths. 

So my question is this:

With her having all of this knowledge in her brain 🧠, why did she seem to get annoyed when I told her I use what I use? I am helping the planet, I'm not hurting anyone and it doesn't affect anyone whether I use an old sock or a cloth. 

Can someone please explain to me why she got annoyed?  Is it because I'm not letting her "bulldoze" over me and am sticking to what I believe in? Or is it because I'm not doing what she want me to do? Or is it something else entirely?

Comments