Greetings

Touchy, touchy!

 So this happened just over 1 week ago.


My dad was trying to thnk of the name of a particular TV character. He said that this character had very untidy hair, spoke very slowly, wore a shabby trench-coat and was always fighting with his boss. The guy was familiar, I just couldn't think of his name. Then, that night, I remembered it. It was this guy:


So, the next morning, I went and told him. Now, at this point in time, he was doing some drying-up. Then the Mrs. came in and asked about the state of the water. He said that he stopped doing the washing-up and started doing the drying-up because the water looked a bit dirty. I looked at it and said "It looks fine to me." Then a conversation about my clothing (I had just been out running) started. After a little while, I looked at the water again and said "It still looks fine to me." It wasn't crystal clear, but it wasn't exactly dirty either. That's when he said that he was doing the washing-up and decided it was dirty. Then I looked at it yet again and said "I've made worse." Then my dad slammed a mug down in the cupboard and said "Fine! I'll go and do something else!"

About 2 hours later I went to the shops. As I was leaving I walked past him. He asked me to get him a crunchie because he felt like one, he said he would repay me. So I got two so I could also have one.


I gave it to him when I got home.

That night, we had a fish braai for supper.

This wasn't our braai, but it was the closest image I could find on google

After a while, I asked where my money was. He said it was inside, waiting for me. He went inside to get something from the kitchen and I went inside the house to get my money. I looked at the dining room table, thinking it would be where I usually sit. I normally find lots of things there, usually someone else's...rubbish, which I find very disrespectful when the other three places are just as close but whatever. Anyway, it wasn't there. So I asked where it was.

This was the reply I got:

"Oh for pitty sake! It's only R12!"

After I got my money back, I went outside and to the back of my flat and cried. He still hasn't apologised for that. And he probably won't.

Comments