Greetings

This is annoying me


 

So this is another update.

My attacks have continued. They have even reduced me to tears on more than one occasion. My most recent bad one was on the 28th of June and on the 5th of July. The July one was triggered on purpose because I was having an EEG done to see if I have epilepsy.

You can read about an EEG here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroencephalography

I had the test done on the 5th of July which was a Wednesday. The Technician said I would get the results the next day. What she actually meant is that the Neurologist and psychologist would get the results. My dad was with me because he wanted to see what actually happens during the test. Then the technician placed the electrodes on my head and turned the lights off because that's part of the test. One part of the test involves flashing lights, which is what triggered my attack. When that happened, I thought "They've finally found something useful." And after that the technician asked me if I wanted to keep the lights off. What I said to her was very typical of me after I've had an attack. I said "Ag, you know, what ever." I said that because, after I've had attack, I don't care about anything. Then she said "No, do you want me to turn the lights back on or leave them off?" I chose to leave them off. The test ended and I told my mom (who was also there) that I thought they had got something.

Thursday came and nothing from the neurologist or psychologist.

The Friday came around. My dad came to see me and told me that the receptionist from the neurologist had phoned and he wants to see me on Monday (which was 10th of July) and I was thinking "Finally!"

So we went to see him and he says I don't have epilepsy. I was disappointed because I at least then would've had an answer. The psychologist thought it might've been that because he spoke to a psychiatrist who said it sounded like all of the "different" epilepsy symptoms. The neurologist prescribed some medication but didn't tell me anything about the stuff. Then, on Thursday, I went to the Retrade as usual. That's when I discovered the tablets are having an effect on me. I snapped at the other volunteer there. There are normally four of us there but two of them were taking some time off.

The Friday after that (meaning, the Friday that just passed) I went to my psychologist and explained everything to him, including me snapping at the volunteer on Thursday. He said that side effect, of the tablets, is very unusual. He also thinks I have Functional Neurological Disorder, which is a VERY wide term for "We know there's something going on in your brain, but we have no idea what it is." 



My mom, on the other hand, thinks I might have another type of migraine because of a cousin (who get's these types of migraines) we have similar symptoms. I already get three different types (the one where you see the flashing lights, the night time one, and one where I just see "yellow pollon" for a few seconds) so I really don't want another one added to the list.

That brings me to my next point:



I have started writing a children's book. It's going to be about migraines.

Comments